Owlerton Stadium is reopening to the public on Tuesday 18th May.
To following additional measures have been implemented to our safety policy:
- Face masks are required for all guests when moving throughout Owlerton Stadium when not seated
- All areas are table service only
- Pre-booking is required for all packages and general admission
Please be rest assured that you’re guaranteed the same friendly and top-class service!
Racing takes place Monday & Thursday afternoons and Tuesday & Saturday evenings. Bookings must be made in advance and can be done via our bookings page by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0114 234 3074 and our friendly staff will be able to assist you.
Please note it’s strictly bookings only. Walk-ins not permitted at this time.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
General Guidance For Owners Attendance
To minimise risk for owners and racecourse staff, the following provisional measures will be in place during the early stages of return and until further notice:
- A maximum of two owners per Greyhound can attend for their race(s) only.
- Pre-registration is a requirement. This process will be administered by Owlerton Stadium and only confirmed attendees will be granted access to the racecourse. Owners will need to email either the stadium (Bookings@owlertonstadium.co.uk) or phone (0114 2343074) to register up to 12 pm on the day of racing they wish to attend. This will be capped on numbers on a first booked basis.
- Names of all attendees along with telephone number will be kept for 21 days in line with government guidelines with regards track and trace. This must be given at the time of booking.
- For the avoidance of doubt, for Syndicates and Racing Clubs, it will be the responsibility of the Syndicate/Club member to submit the names of those individuals attending the fixture.
- Owners who are not registered to attend will not be granted access to the racecourse and should not attend the fixture.
- All owners attending a fixture are required to only attend if they are not showing any symptoms of COVID 19, as per government advice.
- Temperature checks will be done on arrival and you may be refused entry to the track based on your temperature.
- To facilitate 2m social distancing requirements and avoid entry delays, owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more than 20 minutes before their first Greyhound is due to run and leave the racecourse within half an hour of the final race in which they have a confirmed runner.
- At present, in line with government guidance, face coverings are not mandatory but are expected to be worn whilst in the stadium.
- Owners will have access to dedicated ‘owner zone’, which will be separated from the ‘trainer zone’ and zones used by race day workers by a barrier. For infection control purposes, movement between the areas of the racecourse will be restricted to essential racecourse (e.g. cleaning) staff only. Unfortunately owners will not be permitted to any contact with their greyhounds whilst at the track due to the dedicated zones.
- There are no catering/drinks facilities available for owners, toilets facilities will be available.
- There will be no betting facilities or on-course bookmakers in attendance until further notice.
- Following the conclusion of their race(s), owners are asked to leave the racecourse within half an hour to allow for all owners to be accommodated.
Please also be aware that by entering a racecourse. Owners acknowledge and agree that notwithstanding the risk mitigation strategies employed by the SSS, GBGB and other industry bodies by following Government guidance, it is impossible to eliminate all risk and there remains the potential for unintended transmission of COVID-19 between attendees.
All attendees must play their part in minimising the risk to themselves and others by complying with the guidelines, racecourse terms and conditions of entry, and the COVID-19 requirements as set out in the GBGB Rules of Racing.
All owners attending a race meeting must ensure that they have read and understood this document, together with the relevant sections of the GBGB guidelines and operating procedures for behind closed doors racing. Owners are also requested to familiarise themselves with current government advice on COVID-19.
This document will be updated periodically, in line with changes to government guidance around COVID-19 and the return of sport.